Friday, December 9, 2011

Update #2 dated October 12, 2011

All, 

Just a quick update and some big PRAISE!  First of all, my sister, Valerie, who has been taking chemo for 18 weeks for breast cancer, had her mastectomy yesterday.  When she was diagnosed back in May, the PET scan showed she had a tumor in her breast and it had spread to lymph nodes.  Yesterday, when the doctor biopsied those lymph nodes during the surgery, they came back negative!!!!  The cancer was killed in those lymph nodes by the chemo.  Well, it was killed by God, but He used chemo I think.  :-)

And then today, I went to the radiology oncologist and he had the results of my scans.  PRAISE GOD, the cancer has not metastasized past the lymph nodes that we already knew about!!!  GREAT NEWS!!!  All the prayers you've prayed for me were heard and answered!  When I was told it was negative it felt like a 10 ton weight had been lifted off me.  And of course, I cried. 

I am still going through the process of trying to get into MD Anderson, and think I'll know something within a week.  I'm cautiously optimistic.  

Thank you all for your continued prayers and support!  They are OBVIOUSLY working!!!

Love,

Vaughn

No comments:

Post a Comment