Friday, December 9, 2011

Update #5 Dated November 19, 2011

Hi All,

Just wanted to give you a quick update.  I did not start chemo on Friday morning as planned.  The hospital where I had my biopsy done had not sent the pathology slides to MDA in time.  Even though they were requested a month ago, they did not arrive until Thursday morning, which was not enough time for the pathology department and my oncologist to read them.  He said he didn't want to prescribe chemo until he saw the slides himself and knew what he was dealing with.  I'm ok with that!  So the first chemo session has been scheduled for the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  I will get up early that morning and drive to Houston, have the chemo, and come back on Monday.  Vivian said she'd go with me again.  Bless her heart!

I know there is a reason for the delays.  I can feel that God is working but I have no idea what He's doing.  I am just following His lead and doing what I need to do.  I did meet another woman at the clinic on Thursday that has the same kind of cancer as I do and in the same places.  She was there for her initial visit and was scared and anxious.  I talked with her for a while and tried to ease her fears.  We're going to stay in touch.  Maybe that's why I was there Thursday, so I could help someone else to find the peace with this that I have.  Anyway....

I'm looking forward to a fun and tasty Thanksgiving now!  I even have a few days to enjoy the leftovers!  :-)  God is so good!!!

Thanks to everyone for your concern and prayers!  They're obviously working!  I'll let you know how the chemo goes when I get home.

Love to all,

Vaughn

No comments:

Post a Comment